Monday, December 17, 2007

Double Spins

Rain, rain, rain. It had been raining the entire evening. That meant no run. :( I headed out to Paragon for double classes of spinning led by Kee Leong and Jennifer. Surprisingly, I had lots of energy to unleash in KL's first class. Maybe it was a leftover from Sunday's non-too-exciting run. I actually spinned hard and felt good. Jenn's class was less energetic, perhaps because there were only 5 of us in the class and she chose some tracks from the new release which I did not like. I think I whacked the bike quite hard at the classes.

I took a quick shower and decided to go to Ding Tai Feng for dinner. I had a sudden craving for its steamed dumplings and dan-dan noodles (in tangy peanut sauce). The plan was to eat alone, and get some peace and quiet to read my Economist. Alas, the couple at the next table had finished their meal, and the guy decided to impress his date by starting a monologue. He rattled on about his religious conversions, his school rugby training days and how he proud he was of his raw power without having to workout much, and yada-yada-yada. The girl did not have any chance to interject the monologue beyond nods and some sympathetic sounds. What a killer. My dinner plans were going down the drain.

I am now on a boycott of taxis due to the fare hikes, so I tried to take a bus home. The public transport was not cooperative. My direct bus was so packed that I could not squeeze onboard. I ended up taking a different bus and changing another later. Ooophf, the bane of public transport I say. I mentally drafted a note to the forum page.

No comments: