Saturday, December 22, 2007

Rib Cage & Necklace

I think I pulled some abs muscles or something near the ribs from Pump class on Thursday. The ribs hurt when I rotated or moved in certain directions. That included trying to toss in bed. :( I sought out Frankie for a massage, and we narrowed the strain to the left ribs area. That was interesting because the pain/ pull was felt on the right side. But when he applied pressure to the left side, it triggered the pain. I guess I should look up the anatomy and find the culprit ligament or muscle tissue.

RPM class by Rodney in the afternoon was surprisingly tough. He had a different style from the other instructors, usually very high cadence even at high resistance. There was hard breathing throughout the class. It was my 5th RPM for the week. In 6 days. I think that was the highest record. Interestingly, there was an article in the papers today about the delusion of high-calorie burnt from spin classes and the calorie numbers displayed on treadmills, stair-masters and stationary bikes. It suggested that most people (and machines) overestimated the amount of calories burnt in our workouts, and then mistakenly consumed the equivalent amount.

I bought a Phiten Rukawa X30 necklace (http://www.healthshop.com.sg/). It apparently utilized aqua-titanium to improve blood circulation and relax the body. Many of my athlete friends had been using the necklaces and bracelets and they had favourable testimonials. I could try wearing one to sleep each night and monitor if I recover better from trainings. :)

No comments: