Monday, December 24, 2007

Silent Eve

Today was a half-day work day and everyone was in a non-productive party mood. It was a rare sunny day after weeks of unpredictable washouts. I went to Safra for a quick swim, seeking a respite from the heat. That was the first time I was back in the pool after a long long break. My slow sloshing in the pool was legendary.

My parents had another xmas party to attend in the evening. I think their social calendar is much more exciting than mine. Mum's away meant a sad setting of dining on leftover turkey and ham in a quiet house. All around my street, neighbours were having gatherings and parties.

This is the first time in many years that I am spending xmas and new year in Singapore, without snow and altitude. And it is not starting out well. How I long for a climb. :(

No comments: