Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday Workouts

A long-awaited holiday! I woke up to heavy rain splattering on my balcony and wondered if I should drag myself to the gym classes. My intention was to do an 1hr RPM followed by 1hr BodyPump, in that sequence. Disciplined prevailed and I rushed to Paragon in a cab, reaching the gym exactly on the dot. Well, 30 other people had the same strategy but were clearly more disciplined and motivated than I was. = no bikes. = full-house! = wasted cab trip. :( Mega sulks. So I sat around, read the papers and waited for Pump class.

I had not done any weights and strength training for a long time and was inspired/ motivated/ disgusted by flabbier arms to do something about them. Everything had to start from scratch, from the minimum baseload of weights. I had a feeling I would ache the next day, and I think I strained my back in my over-enthusiasm. After Pump, I dashed over to the One Raffles Quay to catch a RPM class. It was led by an instructor new to me. I arrived early to reserve a bike, having learnt my lesson in the morning. Even then, the studio was already quite packed. My gosh, don't we all have a life instead of stalking gyms on a public hol?!

No comments: