Monday, October 6, 2008

AH Visit

On a spur of moment, I decided to try my luck at Alexandra Hospital's Sports Clinic and check my nagging knee. I could not make an appointment over the weekend, and just showed up at 8am. A series of lucky turns ensured that I could get a slot. There was a cancellation at 1015am, so I hung around. Then I was told to go through A&E for a referral, which would grant me subsidized rates. Being early, there was no queue and I breezed through the consultation, complete with a knee X-ray. No fractures there. Back to the Sports Clinic to see the doc.

The Clinic was filled with guys and army boys in all shapes and crutches and bandaged knees. I was the only female there. Geez, the clinic scene almost seemed to say that we should stay still and not be active. Doc diagnosed inflammation (uh... I forgot to ask where, so I guessed basically the entire knee), and prescribed some anti-flammatory capsules. He also checked that my running shoes were ok and upright. Swimming and cycling were ok, but no running or a while. Rule of thumb to gauge recovery - if no pain during walking, then test run.

Got an MC for the day. In the evening, I went to see the TCM that Jimmy recommended. Acupuncture this time round involved 7 (not 2) needles around each knee.

No comments: