Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another 5km Jog

I went to Safra today to try the 5km route again. Knee was less strained than Tuesday's trial, but there was still an uncomfortable tension beneath the knee cap. I did not like that feeling, it should not be there. Jimmy passed me a contact card for a TCM acupuncture clinic near my house, but it was too late to pop by. Both he and Eng Hwa tried acupuncture previously for their knee problems, so I thought I could try as well.

So I decided to try my luck at another clinic at Mei Ling Street that was quite popular with many heartlanders. I had accompanied a friend there before on a few occasions and the husband-wife team seemed pretty knowledgeable. They certainly had a good rapport with the patients though, chatting them up like old friends. There was a queue of 4-5 people ahead of me and the consultation hours ended at 9pm, but my turn came only past 9pm. The physicians treated the last few of us until 10pm. The wife-physician aligned my tailbone/ hip, and then did a most painful pressing of sorts on both knees. None of the other therapy sessions inflicted such pain. Was I masochistic? I tended to go with the no pain-no recovery path of treatment. Oops. I was more hopeful.... Had to find another chance to return this weekend for acupuncture.

No comments: