Saturday, October 18, 2008

Run & Ride

Went to ECP early in the morning to get the Nike pacer shoes from Anthony. My plan was to test run the shoes for a short distance, and also to see if my knee was better after Philippe's physio. First thing was to clear a longer mileage, before introducing new variables like new gear.

The Nike Triax Structure had a lower ankle profile than my Asics, so the shoes felt like they were slipping off. Hmmm, will have to re-do the laces to loop it round ankles. The shoes felt slightly stiff, perhaps because it was a first run. In any case, I was distracted by my knee to really notice the shoes. I guess the shoes were ok.

Managed to run from B1 to C4 carpark and back. Saw many people along the way, Fennel, Henry (Kops), and then a group of my ex-WDA colleagues at a run clinic conducted by Eddie & KPI! They were testing the Newton shoes.

Chris cycled past me as I was nearing BigSplash. I returned to B1 in time to meet him and KC for a ride. We rode from B1 to Coastal Road (11km), looped around at Safra Ferry Terminal (8km each way) and went along the main road leading back to East Coast Service Road, the park and out to Coastal Road again. We did 2 loops that Coastal Road sequence before stopping at the hawker centre for lunch. The return trip to B1 totalled 62km ride for the day.

I went to the acupuncture clinic near my house for a tui-na. Perhaps it was the way I used the patella guard, the front of my knee hurt during the run. Sigh. The tui-na guy did a very very thorough and painful run on both legs and back. Ouch...

No comments: