Monday, March 30, 2009

Conference Starts and a Mad Dash

The Innovation Conference started this afternoon. Now what is a conference without the food review? :)

Lunch was buffet and I was fascinated by the giant slabs of grilled salmon! Yoohoo, my favourite! Then a series of presentations and more presentations. And tea break - raspberry cream cheese cake, and sugared almond pies (with viscously thick caramel sauce). Die... calorie and sugar overload. The conference dinner had starters of bread, fatty slices of smoked salmon, cream cheesy stuff. Main course was veal (looked like steak until I took a bite) with potato crepes. Dessert was a traditional Finnish 'bread-cheese' pie, with cloud berries that could only be found in Lapland.

I managed to squeeze in a very fast run for 20min just before dinner. There was a lake opposite my hotel, each round was about 2ish km. I had to run fast, it felt like interval training, and did 2 rounds. But looking at the food I had been having,.... I needed many more rounds. :(

No comments: