Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Personal Biathlon

Sea swim this morning at Playground was to cover the 70.3 route, sort of. Coach had us do some warm up laps, then gave 1hr to complete 4 loops. He even had a mini come to beach and run back to water section, to replicate the 70.3! I swam 3 loops, 45min. Coach said I probably would not be cut off, but very borderline timing. Since I had no speed, I should concentrate on getting my direction correct and not drift unnecessarily. Guess I would save the advice for Msian races.

Had a slight cut on sole, so went to B1 car park to clean up. Then put on my shoes and hit the run. I had no specific target, just a nice and comfortable run. Perhaps up to F2, see how far my legs would go. The weather was good, cloudy and cool. There was a lot of people at ECP. I counted at least 3 organized Indian community parties, with banners, blasting music and all. Very carnival like. :)

After the run, I headed for the IT show. The crowd was amazing. When I left about 4pm, City Link was jammed pack, literally shoulder to shoulder. Human traffic stopped, totally. People were not pushing, but the air was stale and stuffy in the tunnel. The MRT shutters to City Link came down to prevent more people from entering the tunnel. Those of us on the other side had only a tiny door for exit! That seemed quite dangerous to me. If there was a fire, we would be toasted!

No comments: