Sunday, November 22, 2009

Windy Ride

Another insanely early morning ride, which of course we were late for. Terribly apologetic. As usual, my mind and body do not function well in the dark or before sunrise. Rode very conservatively in the beginning.

The winds were free today - all sorts - headwind, tailwind, crosswind.... Buy 1 get 3 free. Never experienced such strong winds in Singapore as this morning. So many times I was almost swept away, wobbly. And the winds in Busselton are stronger than these. I was so petrified that I would be blown off course during the race! Craps.

A couple of new guys joined us today. They were fast. Chased as hard as I could, but was still dropped within sight of them. Went really hard along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim to Tuas. By the time we exited Tuas, I was spent... Getting back to my car was another challenge.

Total 145km.
Legs aching, eyes drooping... Time to sleep.

No comments: