Monday, February 25, 2008

Another Gym Day

Had a marathon meeting that ended late. :( Today was cardio-rest day, so off to Safra after work.

Gym day. Re-enacted some moves from Body Pump classes with the bar-pole weights at Safra. Chest, triceps, back and lunges. Usually I would do the exercises in sets of 3 x 10,varying the counts/ rhythm. Did some tricep dips on the bench. The bench was high, unlike my step-benches at Fitness First. Those were low, and one could discreetly sit our butts to the ground if our triceps gave way. Haha. The ones at Safra were chair-height. Plonking down on the ground would be utter embarrasment!

There was this rotation machine that I had taken a liking to. You sit down and hug the supporting pads, and twist your upper torso left-right. I started with a heavier than usual weight, and could feel it engaging the side obliques. After finishing our separate workouts, I challenged Alber to do the "plank". A fuss-free quick abs workout. Each set was 1min, single-legged. We did 4 sets. Nice. Next time I should challenge him to lunges. Haha.

No comments: