Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cantebury Estate

Yet another marathon meeting today, which went on for more than 3h. I could run happily for 3h, but I could not keep my concentration at a painfully long meeting for 3h. Scooted out of the meeting and sped to Safra for run.

I was going to miss the hill training today. Again. Last Thurs I was down with a flu. Tonight, I still had a bit of cough and phlegm. I was bad with phlegm - for some strange reason, I could not cough it out of my system. So I went for a short slow jog around Canterbury Estate with Alber instead. He was tapering off for Saturday's Biathlon. I could feel my tight hamstrings from yesterday's gym. After about 15-20min, a light drizzle started. My nose followed likewise.

Canterbury Estate comprised sprawling clusters of former colonial houses amidst lush green open fields. It was one of those areas not served by public buses. Everyone drove or took taxis, or took long strolls. At one house, a taxi pulled up at the gates, and out dashed a very excited black dog, yelping happily at the car door. A little child was heard screaming after the dog from inside the house. At another house, a little brown puppy was looking quizzedly at us jogging by, and wagging its fat tail playfully.

The drizzle ceased, and the air was fresh and crisp in the estate. We looped out and went down Alexandra Road, back to the assault of the evening traffic pollution and noise. Jogged back via Henderson, I did not even bother to chiong up the slope tonight. The rest of the runners returned shortly after. They did their 5x MF Loops tonight. Good job. Aiyo, how to increase speed if I kept missing hill trainings?

No comments: