Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Running Nose & New GT-2130

I reached office, stepped out the car, and started sneezing immediately. My nose was irritated by the dry office aircon and started running (away?). I spent the entire day in the office sniffing, coughing and trying to catch my nose. Urghs!

I contemplated if I should go for the run. 12km, easily manageable at a slow non-irritant pace. But an irritating route that goes through many traffic lights, roadside construction and heavy traffic/ pollution. Going down Lower Delta Rd to Clarke Quay & Esplanade, there were many stops and single-file running.

I went in the end, because I had to give Dom a lift to Safra. There were about 20ish runners. Many of the fast runners were not around, and there was a noticeably relaxed atmosphere today. People were chatting on the run, not really pushing, more like a recovery jog. I deliberately slowed down to sweep the rear, breathing only through my nose. When I breathed through my mouth, my throat would get irritated and my nose threaten to sprint! Dom was trying to regain his running base. We ran together for a short distance, at a comfortable pace I hoped we could keep for 3 days in Sabah. Ok, so KC and I can't ride, and Dom can't run.... our 3-day adventure would be very eventful. Oops!

Dom u-turned back around Boat Quay, so I ran ahead to catch up with the rest. Bev was fast, improving a lot over the months. If she fell behind, she usually caught up quickly. Nowadays I try to run alongside her. She was good company to run with, a nice comfortable pace. Like a slower version of Anthony - steady & consistent. Good coaching, haha.

I pushed a bit harder after Tiong Bahru park, up the Henderson slopes back to Safra. That short push was ok for my lungs, but my throat felt dry. We met Sumiko, Eddie etc for dinner at NUS. Had not seen Eddie since CNY, hilarious as ever. There were 8 of us at the Chinese Noodle shop beside Fong Seng, slurping down our steamed dumplings and noodle soup amidst cracking up with jokes. Trying to save my throat and not talk too much was an exercise in futility! Sumiko brought my new Lady GT-2130 New York - delicious lilac-purple! My fav colour, very very pretty! So ladylike and sweet, I can't bear to wear them out. Tempted to stock up a few pairs for colour's sake. :)

No comments: