Thursday, February 21, 2008

YOG 2010! Yeah!

Singapore won the bid to host the YOG in 2010! Yeah! Our bid and preparations was truly a community driven effort. In a country where almost everything was government-led, the bottoms-up effort was very commendable. So in 2010, would that translate to a baseline of tourism receipts and hence my bonus? Haha.

Had a sore throat, felt fluish. Skipped Safra run. Speedwork around Labrador Park sounded unfriendly to a sick person. Totally unappealing. Went home early, but was stuck in the outbound peak traffic. I usually drove home late at nights, and had no idea what the evening peak traffic was like. Ambitiously thought that I could do a short jog around my estate to 'sweat out the flu', but had waited for the Youth Olympic news broadcast until it was too late. Running gave way to a rumbling stomach. I crashed to bed by 10:30pm, totally knocked out.

No comments: