Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Taper Run

Tuesday was a short 10km standard MF loop. A couple of us started the run late - myself, Alber, KK, Siew Li, Shirley, and Jason. The rest were on a fly, hammering their MF loop-PBs. I was on a slow tapering run, at a 50-60% intensity where I could have a complete conversation over the distance. I could still feel some tightness in my right hip when going downslope. Hopefully my Friday massage would knead the problem away.

The runners went to Henderson for dinner. Michael shared with me that a sports doctor recently started him on a different brand of glucosamine, and which cured the knee cartilage problem that had bugged him for months. I think it was called OsteoFlex. The conversation then moved on to how people stayed motivated for long races such as Full-IM. Senior Chua, Sok Hwa and Chairman all chipped in with their views.

No comments: