Tuesday, July 1, 2008

10km MF Run

Last minute change of training plans as the runners wanted to go for birthday celebratory dinner. We swapped the Tuesday & Thursday plans, and did a 10km MF loop instead. So tired, I had 3 meetings & discussions today. I planned to swim, but seeing that it was 10km instead of track work, I joined in the run. And also because Eddie convinced me that he would run slowly with me. So 3 of us - Alber, Eddie and I - started slightly after the group. To the guys' credit, they slowed down and jogged with me. I was still trying to run leisurely and rekindle the running lovebug. After reaching the top of MF, I had a stomach upset and went to the washroom while the guys continued. I saw Alan training his runners at MF loop, everyone looked bushed. I guess that was the difference between elite runners and recreational ones like me. I managed to finish the MF route in 1:06h. 3 min slower than my usual, and goodness knows how much slower than most of the club's female runners. I should retire pretty soon.....

Had dinner with Alvin, Karen, Eddie and Alber. They were funny people, cracked me up as usual. A great antidote to a long day of churning brain juices!

No comments: