Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My 1st Run

After resting for 5 days (!!! longest ever), I did my first run tonight. Shirley and I ran on our own because she had a sprained ankle, and I still had my coughing fits. The rest of the Safra group went to do hill runs. We took our leisurely pace, trotting along. We decided to run to Labrador, loop inside the park, and return to Telok Blangah Rise. It was a nice casual run, the chatty sort. We reached Labrador Park, and I brought Shirley over to the Dragon Tooth Gate, and we explored that new section of the park. There was a new seafood restaurant, but it was very empty. We jogged out of the park and slowly made our way towards Harbourfront. The runners should be back at the club by now. Turning into Telok Blangah Rise, we walked the way back so as to give Shirley's ankle a rest from the upslope. While strolling, she educated me on the business of blood donation, rather neat stuff.

No comments: