Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swim Inspired

Quads still aching, so a visit to F for a massage was in order. After that, still somewhat inspired by the PD open waters, I decided to swim at Safra and give my legs a break. New metallic pink silicon swim cap looked cool in the packaging, but resembled a bubble gum balloon wrapped over my head. And hair still got wet! - verified with Sumiko that hair wuld indeed still be wet (so it was not due to my klutzy wearing). But I guess being damp was better than being thoroughly soaked in chlorine for an hour. Must be fragment of imagination, but did I feel slightly more streamlined too? Haha.

Managed 30 laps in 49min. Had no idea whether I miscounted 2 laps short. If I did, then I should be over 50min. Must figure out how to go faster without killing myself in the water. I should try and see if I could make 70min for 38laps in the pool.

70.3 would be 1.9km to 2km swim. Would the time delay from an extra 0.4m swim be offset by my potential time "gain" from the extended long distance bike and run? Hmmm, have to do a cost-benefit time analysis before signing up for a race.

No comments: