Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CSC River Run

My colleagues and I signed up for the Civil Service Club River Run this afternoon - a 4.4km route along the Singapore River, Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, Riverside & back to Fullerton. It was a sweltering afternoon as many public service officers gathered at Empress Place near the river. My ex-boss, LF, was the guest-of-honour. Merrily waved and chatted with her. The guys were flagged off first, while the girls baked in the sun for another 3min before we started.

It was a leisure run, people could choose to jog or stroll. A few girls sprinted off, though they looked like they could not last a few hundred metres with that pace. Truely, I overtook them around the 2nd underpass to Clarke Quay. After a while, I simply focused on keeping pace with a lady in front of me. We cut many of the guys and edged our way forward. The weather was burning, thankfully I had my faithful water bottle in hand! I reached the end point, and my dear colleague, Cheryl, was standing there gleefully with camera snapping our pictures. :) Finished the run in 23:12min. Given the timing, I felt that the distance was about 4km instead of 4.4km.

We were suppose to pick up some goodie bag & lucky draw coupons at the u-turn point of the run, but there was a bottleneck so I ran past without taking them. Luckily I saw Akira at the goodie bag collection booth! :) And managed to get my stuff. We waited for everyone to return and posed for more pictures. Nice short fun run, no stress. And now a yummy dinner awaits. :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/simsps/CSCRiverRun16July2008

No comments: