Thursday, July 31, 2008

Melting Musical Run

I had an outing to attend tonight, so I left office early for a run around Esplanade/ Stadium area. It was still very bright and sunny during the run, and before long, I was dripping with sweat. I jogged past the floating platform outside Esplanade where preparations for NDP were in full swing. It sounded like there was a technical rehearsal going on, no spectators, but loud music and parade commands were blasted over the roadside speakers. It was kinda cool jogging to that patriotic upbeat music, though thankfully not for too long. Haha.

I ran towards Stadium and to Tg Rhu. Many expat ladies were bringing their children and pet dogs into the open fields. The babies were cherubic, peering over the prams with their big round eyes. The dogs were all fluffed and groomed. Children were playing ball with one another. It was a lovely run, just me and myself, soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying the session.

I ran back to office and had a quick shower. I was suppose to meet some friends for the Singapore Garden Festival, and I was running late, literally!

No comments: