Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Green Pool

Happily bought new goggles and swim cap, all geared up and ready to hit the pool tonight and attempt a mini brick training. Of course there must be a conspiracy at work somewhere, haha. The Safra pool pump was spoilt and the water green and murky, with a smoky smell in the air. And there were still people swimming! Well, they closed the pool after a short while. But damn, that meant I would not be able to swim for the rest of the week and the race was Sunday!

Breathe. So Henry, Alber and I changed plans and decided to ride and run in the gym instead. Rode for 30min on the stationary bike and hopped to the treadmill for another 30min. It was not obviously enough to simulate the lactic acid and brick conditions. Then again, my thighs were a little wonky from yesterday's Pump class, and was walking funny today. Very unglam! Since I was waiting for the guys to finish their workout, I took my time for a nice long cool down stretch.

Now..... to figure out how to squeeze in a swim sometime this week before the race. Too many dinner appointments this week.

No comments: