Wednesday, June 24, 2009

4 On 2 Off Workout

4 min 'On' at Lactic Threshold HR, 2 min 'Off' with active recovery. 10 sets. Shem sent us a nice enthusiastic email describing the workout tonight. Except that I never did that LT test at the first session, so I had been running based on target pace all these weeks.

Had a 4km warm-up easy jog. 23min. Slow and easy to flush out the lactic acid from yesterday's hills. Was so zonked out last night, sleep was good indeed! Completed my jog in time to join the group for warm-up exercises. Ok, time to hit the tracks!

Well, not much to 'time' since it was basically Start-4min-Split-2min-Split-4min-Split-2min....

I set the target of maintaining at least 5min pace consistently, which meant at least 2 rounds/ 800m in 4min. Was slightly faster than that because we ran on the outer tracks, and completed 2 rounds on average 3:45-3:50min. So covered about 815-825m in 4min? The 10 sets passed fairly quickly. Coach joined us again tonight, he was pretty fast on the track. Melvin and Wenlong came as well, blazing the tracks obviously.

The sets felt like fartleks to some. But they seemed like Yasso-800s to me, since 4min ~ 800m anyway. Slight difference in that in Yasso-8oo, the active rest period equalled the 800m run time, ie. run 4min, jog 4min. Hmm.... so going by the above, my full marathon timing should be about 3:50h? I hardly think so.... *skeptical laughter*

Anyway, Coach said I was taking it easy on the run... He didn't see me panting hard after each set ah? *whew, dripping sweat*

No comments: