Monday, June 22, 2009

Semester Reset

Pool was hot, swim was tough. It was amazing what a long semester break could do to stamina. Total reset! *gulp*

There were many new students in Monday class tonight. I recognised some of the Friday swimmers. Then there were 3 young girls, students. And geez, they were really really fast. Someone said children know no pain, they just go. Goodness.

Kicking drills were heavy, legs forgotten how to kick?

Swimming:
200m - 5:02min - and Coach said at a moderate pace??!? (My usual average was 5:10-5:20. Lane 2 led by Lane 4 swimmer, how to moderate? I had to semi-sprint so as not to be dropped!)
300m - 7:24min
400m - 10:20min
300m - 7:33min
(I think... forgot to save the split times, recording from memory.)

6x 50m sprints - ok, totally spent. Where my usual sprints could be sub-1min, today they hovered around 1:03 - 1:05min. Only the last set broke in at 59sec (and only because I thought it was the last last sprint). *pant pant*
Coach asked why Lixia and I kept hanging on to the divider rope after each set. But he was the one who said if drowning, hold the rope....

But not over yet! 3x 25m sprints + 25m easy swim. Ouch, kenna conned....

Coach's parting shots - "Tonight you'll all have a good sleep...." Truly.

No comments: