Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MF Loops (New)

On the training menu tonight - MF loops 5 rounds, OTOT.
Relatively easy right? Afterall, we normally do more than that, or with time target. So tonight discounted! Fat chance....

After we ran up Morse Road to the carpark, Jimmy sprang the new route on us - Reverse direction of the usual MF loop, continue down the long road to Pender Rd at the bottom (T-junction), u-turn and come back up. Finish as many sets within an hour. *loud huhs & groans everywhere* I think I should just carry a banner that says "Canterbury"....

We tried the route. I did not really like it. The up was flat and gradual, before getting steeper. Up to the cafe at the top of MF. Then the down was super duper long. I thought it was too long that it was like a full recovery, HR could actually drop to decent levels. The good side was that coming up Morse Rd was a relative breeze after that. First loop 17min.

But I decided to do the usual MF smaller loop instead. I could squeeze in 4 loops within the time, vs another 2 long loops. Which meant that I could do more intensive (albeit shorter) slope intervals.

Aimed for hard upslope and relax downslope.
1st up: 4:18min; Total: 10:09min (wah, really took my time to float down....)
2nd: 4:25min/ 10:17min
3rd: 4:23min/ 9:54min
4th: 4:10min/ 9:40min

No comments: