Friday, August 21, 2009

Another Sports Massage

Finally had a chance to try out Victor's massage, after coming highly recommended by Jan and Mileage runners. To my surprise, I also bumped into a couple of SG regular runners there. Looks like Victor has a good referral reputation.

Session was good. The feeling (aka pain) was familiar. Very similar to a China lady that I had years ago, but who had since returned and I could not find an equivalent replacement since.

I told Victor to loosen up my ITBs and quads (totally dead after all the BT and hills and stairs). I laid face down. He first tackled the butts/ glutes. Pressed hard on the big muscles there. Which was correct, but few people do that. Normally when you said pain in the quads, they would attack the quads straightaway. Then he worked his way down the entire back of legs, including the hamstrings and calves. Very strong and firm => bearable pain (my threshold is quite high....). Flipped on my side consecutively, more hard pressing on the quads/ abductors (inner thighs) and ITB sides. There, done. 30min but efficient and effective.

Hmmm.... if I went to him before AHM, I might have run better?! *wistful*

Contact:
http://psescapades.blogspot.com/2009/08/contact-list-for-sports-treatments.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can i have his contact please? Thanks.

PS said...

http://psescapades.blogspot.com/2009/08/contact-list-for-sports-treatments.html