Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bad Horribly Stiff Neck

Saturday - I woke up on Saturday morning with a stiff neck. I could not rotate my head and could barely turn it. Driving was a chore because I had to turn to check blindspots. I went for a much needed massage (eversince the pain of sitting through the Powerman 10h bus ride), but my neck was still bad. Sigh, no training.

Sunday - My neck was still horrid. Range of motion: right turn, look down. Another wasted day of no training. I went to see Frankie, and had a painful session. The tension was much worse than I thought. I never had a stiff neck so, .... stiff. Perhaps it was the accumulation of (1) nodding off in a weird position on the Powerman coach ride, (2) weeks of training with a heavy backpack, (3) aero-position cycling, (4) over-zealous swimming, (5) doing up a deck of powerpoint slides via the tiny touchpad on my laptop, and generally heatiness and lack of sleep.

Monday - Range of motion increased a tiny wee bit: right turn, look down, semi left turn. If I supported my neck spinal bone, I could lift my head and do a full left turn. In certain positions at my office desk, there would be a sharp pull when I moved my arm. Sheesh. The medicated plaster was permanently going on my neck.

Tuesday - Unaided turning left, and semi-upwards. Still not complete range of motion, but I getting there. Neck and shoulder felt less tensed up, and the level of pain was less acute. Today, it felt like a typical pillow-stiff-neck day.

..... wonder what the next few days will be like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you want to try zhen jiu? :)
lei