Sunday, November 28, 2010

Killer Stairs in Dripping Sweat

The aim was to get to BT for some real stairs early in the morning. The final execution was the stairwell at TB. I decided to run my errands and shopping before going for training so that I could have a long uninterrupted and unhurried session in the trail. Alas, by the time I was done, the skies were in overcast. So I decided to execute the backup plan - HDB flats.

Whereas the skies were gloomy in the north-west, it was bright sunshine in the south-central. It was absolutely warm and humid in the stairwell, and I was soon dripping buckets. It certainly made a huge performance difference between training in the afternoon and evening, even if both were indoors. Or maybe it was the result of my run yesterday, but I actually felt my quads threatening to cramp.

Pack: 22kg
Ankle weights: 5kg

10 sets - and cmi towards the end
9:19min, 8:54, 9:13, 9:57, 9:53, 10:25, 10:35, 10:49, 11:50, 11:33

This is my slowest set of training, ever.

No comments: