Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birthday Stairs

It was meant to be a birthday ride this morning, but I refused to wake up. So Alber went ahead with the guys, and I headed off later to BT for some nature-stairs. I wanted to try out my new plastic boots (yoohooo!) but figured they were too bulky for a time-constrained training session.

There were so many people at BT today, the car park was entirely full. There were groups of public strolling around, and groups of students on training. I bumped into KK, who was there with SL and some others for a hike. Then I bumped into Jas and Yihui, who was there with her students. I was training with two trekking poles, and some of the students referred to me as the 'mountain skier'. Haha.

We had a lunch appointment with friends and I had only 2h to complete my training. Barely sufficient, but I had to make do. So I decided to focus more on the tougher Rengas trail.

Summit x1: 3:21min
Rengas x4: 6:13, 6:14, 6:38, 6:58
Jungle Fall: 6:35, 6:16, 5:48

Either I was getting desperate for time at the end, or I finished too much water (and lightened the load), or both.... but I made it down to my car in time.

Good sweatout.

No comments: