Sunday, November 7, 2010

Riding Mandai Loops

The plan was to wake up at 4am, cycle to Casuarina and meet the guys for a long long ride. We (or rather I) had not completed any long rides more than 100km since I could not recall when... The meeting time was 545am, but Alber wanted to cycle there. I, of course, preferred to snooze a bit longer and drive there. The alarm went off, snoozed, and off again, several times. By 5am, however, it started pouring heavily. So we went back to bed. Apparently the downpour hit many parts of the island and subsided in 1-2 hours.

It was a nice weather to snuggle under the blankets. By the time we started our ride, it was 130pm. Oops. We headed to Mandai. The sun was hidden by the overcast, and there was a lot of tailwind throughout the ride! Despite that, I was extremely thirsty, and finished 1.5 bottles of water by my 2nd loop. Wow, a record. We stopped for a refuel at the Shell station toilet, and headed out for the 3rd loop. I kept getting dropped on the climbs, even though I tried to give chase. :( But overall, legs felt quite fresh and could definitely have gone for another loop.

We arrived home just before it started drizzling and raining. Whew. Total: 98km, comprising 3x 26km at Mandai, and about 18km to/fro home. Hungry....

No comments: