Saturday, May 3, 2008

BodyPump & Butt

Very upset last night over my hip. :( After a night of foam foller, joint still felt irritatingly locked. It was akin to people who had to crack their knuckles or neck to hear that 'cluck' sound and a sigh of relief. A friend recommended a brand of ice-pack to bring down the suspected inflammation. He said I should not roll too much or it would worsen the inflammation. Uh oh... Another gave me his glucosamine brand but it could only be obtained from his doctor. Sigh. Upset.

So my grand plans of trying out a BodyCombat class went *kaput*. I should not be rotating my hip and trying to execute kicks especially since I had not done kickboxing or muay thai for years. Had a hard time restraining myself from the RPM class too. Sanity prevailed that I should not be spinning a bike on the hip joint either. Damn. In the end I went for a BodyPump class.

I was early. Saw my ex-trainer, Tommy, working out at the gym. Still looking buffed and toned. I had some time to spare so I tried the eliptical-ski machine. Goodness me, I lasted about 12min and got utterly bored. Time for class! Ok, the last time I did Pump was eons months ago. Somehow everyone seemed to be taking heavier weights than me even for warmup track. Haha. Whoa, the effects of not carrying weights for so long. Jelly arms and legs by the end of class! My butt felt extremely tight on the lunges. Hmmm.... maybe related to the joint. Luckily I had fixed another massage appointment in the afternoon. Desperate SOS.

Spent a long time at the tui-na kneading on the side hip and back butt. Ouch. Sustained a slight right quad strain last night too. A result of stupidly altering my foot strike to ease the hip discomfort, putting more pressure on my big toe than evenly on the feet. See what happened from trying out a silly stunt like that. Oops. :) Felt considerably lighter after that. Hopefully the MR run tomorrow would turn out right.

No comments: