Sunday, May 25, 2008

Last LSD Tapering

Heng, Alber, Ultra and I decided to forego the Safra MF slopes today and do a flat 20km to Marina South Pier instead. We started off at a relaxed pace. My legs were ok after sleeping in my 2XU compression tights last night. But my hip had a weird electrical sensation to it when I walked. It did not give me any problem on the run though. We ran as a group until the Tanjong Pagar KTM Railway Station, and the guys picked up speed. I was happy to run alone and not hold them back. We stopped at MSP for a water break, and I did some stretches. The electrifying feeling returned, and I walked the stretch near Prince Edward Rd (exiting Marina South). But for some strange reason, it disappeared after I popped by 7-11 (along Anson Rd) and bought my drinks. Hmm... Very weird. Alber was waiting for me after the railway station. The guys had waited for some time before moving on. Oops...

It was a humid and hot morning for a run. I was soaked and tired by the time I returned to Safra. The ice-tubes from Siew Lee were such perk-ups after the sticky depleting run! Also met Sam, Helen and some of the Safra Tampines runners, who had started much earlier to check out the new bridges. Sam was setting up a support table during Sundown for their 42km runners. Way to go! Ong asked if we wanted any special food or arrangement as he planned to go to Changi early Sunday morning. Much appreciated! :) But we told him not to trouble himself and travel all the way to the race site. Hopefully good weather prevails for Sundown.

No comments: