Sunday, May 18, 2008

Polar Footpod

It was a humid morning for a run. I had a new toy today, the RS200 foot pod. :) It was very easy to strap on and operate. Turned it on and the green light started blinking. I tried to follow Ultra, Anthony & DO but soon gave up around Pasir Panjang Rd. Geez, my watch registered a 6.30-7.00 min/km, yet it felt like a 5min pace to me. Pant pant.

We went up South BV Rd. It was a painful run this morning. Tough weather, tough route. Plodding up the windy road and entered NUH, but it was only 10km. Groan. There was no other runners in sight, only Teacher Lee and Rosemary's friend. The 3 of us too turns cutting and following one another. I took a water break at Com Centre and soon reached NUH. My watch read 12km. I continued to Kent Ridge Park and took another break at the water cooler. Wow, the place was crowded with people trying out the new Southern Bridges. Along the way down Pepys Rd to Pasir Panjang, we came across several people coming up the slopes, trying to look for KR Park.

Got myself a chilled Pocari Sweat & took my Gu-gel at Caltex along Pasir Panjang. Just a bit more to run. Oh it was so hot. Brrrr..... melting. Walk-run-walk-trot. Melting. Finally made it back to Safra. The guys were all back, I was the last one. Again, as usual. Sigh.... DO, William, Anthony & Ultra were already changed and having kopi at Ya Kun. Siew Lee made iced milo again today, a cool respite to the weather!

The footpod measurement was quite accurate - 22.5km. Think I'll play with it a bit more, test it out on more routes. :)

No comments: