Monday, May 5, 2008

Floated!

Since I was still walking like a duck today, it was a real struggle deciding whether to hit a Pump class (and ache more) or RPM Challenge (and use hip joint). Then Bingo! Remembered that I had my swim gear in the office and decided to hit the waters instead. When I told my colleagues I was going for a swim, everyone responded with the same "Swim?" remark. Yes yes, I know, I would strike 4D for going swimming. Hope the water was not cold.

I reached Safra, changed and stared. Muffins. Damn. Made my way as inconspicuously as possible into the pool, had to suck in tummy and hold my breathe. Haha. Water was snug and warm! 1st lap breast stroke. Ouch ouch, arms and legs protested. 2nd lap front crawl. Ok much better. 3rd lap front crawl. Had not gotten used to the swim rhythm, out of breath. Slowly I swam. Every lap warranted a self-pat. Covered 24 laps tonight. The last time I swam was almost half a year ago!

No comments: