Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cannot Run, Can Swim

Alber, Adam and I met at ECP B1 this morning for a run. Well, the guys ran, I attempted to. I only moved about 500m and aborted my plans. My food was hurting. I had barely resumed being able to walk decently on Thursday, I guess it was very ambitious to try and run. The loading and running impact brought back the pain. Sigh, better go for acupuncture or tui-na in the afternoon. What a waste, the weather was so cool and breezy for a morning workout outdoors. :(

I had 2hrs to kill before the guys returned. I walked the remaining 500m to Old Town White Coffee at B2 and decided to try the food there since it had rave reviews and was always crowded. Wow, the prices were exhorbitant, even higher than Ya Kun (which I already think is overpriced). The soft-boiled eggs were $1.90 for two. Hot drinks were $2. I had only $5 so had limited options. I ordered a signature milk tea. It turned out to be a rather 'gao' concentrated tea and was bitter, and I had to add lots of sugar. Not to my liking. The bill came to a rip-off of $2.20 (plus GST) for a tiny cup of tea. I would not be returning any time soon, if at all. Armed with a copy of newspaper and some snacks from 7-11, I walked back to carpark B1. I discovered the luxury of lowering the passenger seat and having a snooze in the car with the cool winds blowing through the windows.

Having screwed up my morning workout, I dragged Alber to the pool in the afternoon. We went to the Bt Batok HomeTeam club hoping to catch some tan. Despite the sun being intermittenly hidden behind the clouds, I still got some tanlines. I managed 30 laps before the pool was invaded by children swimming classes. Just in time for my tui-na appointment. I hope my foot recovered quickly. I had two road races coming up and needed to clock some run mileage. It was not a serious injury at all. Maybe I should load up on those new inflammatory tablets at home.

No comments: