Saturday, January 3, 2009

Short Run #3 - MR trails

Still pampered from the 12h daily sleep in Nepal, it was a struggle to wake up early these days. Even for runs or rides. I dragged myself from my silk covers and made my way to MR. Again, attempting to squeeze in a run before another lunch gathering. More meats and ice-cream and heavy food.

MR's new car park was completed. Pity the toilet was still as dodgy and dirty. I started on the usual 10km route. It was nice to be back in the trails. It felt softer and kinder to my knees than the pavement yesterday. The weather was nice and cool, the sky overcast, and not many people were in the trails. I took my time, enjoying the trail. After Nepal, our BT Nature Reserve and MR trails felt like a baby's cradle - so safe, flat and easy. They resembled any normal 'roads' and paths in the villages. I shuffled along, unhurried.

The entire loop felt lik a long time. Today was the longest distance and duration that I ran since Nepal. Survived. Time to pick up tubs of ice-cream for the party.

No comments: