Friday, January 9, 2009

Yellowfish New Season - Freeze Swim!

Coach changed all the start time to 7pm for this new season. I spent 15min waiting in the car park for a lot. Some idiotic drivers jumped the 'queue' (ok, it was not a real formal Q, but being civic-minded first-come-first-lot....) and took the lots before me. So I was late, for the first lesson of the year. Great....

Anyhow, to return to the main story. The pool water was brrrrr freeeezing! I shivered non-stop throughout the 2h class. And I mean literally shaking, with goosebumps, whenever I was not swimming. Coach was in an interactive and chatty mood tonight (maybe first lesson he gave chance). He took to explaining and demonstrating quite a bit in between sets of drills and laps. And so there I was, huddling myself by the wall while waiting and trying to listen. I was distracted by the cold. Brrrr..... And each time, it took 50m to thaw before I could get into the rhythm, and fully warmed up after 200m. By which time, the set was over and we stopped. And the cycle repeats. Finally it was sprint time. For once, I thoroughly enjoyed the sprints because it was the only drill where I was nicely thawed! Geez.

No comments: