Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seeking Solace on the Dreadmill

Hesitantly went on the dreadmill at Safra today. Not sure if I could still run, given yesterday's depressing ordeal. First 10min, foot was a somewhat stiff and painful. Didn't want to give up. So I stopped the dreadmill, stretched my foot, ankle and heel. Restarted. Not bad, the discomfort went away and soon I was jogging on cruise mode - aka, slow, unlaboured, leisurely. I could run forever. The song 'I could have danced all night' by Audrey Heburn in My Fair Lady came to mind..... Oh the days of running forever......

Only boredom threatened to topple me. I hung on, and did 10.0km on the dreadmill. Towards the end, I experimented with some incline. I wanted to test if it was the inclined slope yesterday that strained the foot arch and triggered the pain again. My test was inconclusive. Maybe later in the week I would try another run. But as of current projections, I had better be ready to flag the marathon bus in HK.....

No comments: