Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Brand New Safra Run

Almost every evening I go through an elaborate (aka think a lot but cannot decide) process of choosing a workout. Typically my options revolve around RPM, BodyPump, swim, run, and occasionally cycle (though rarely on a weekday night).

Today was similar. After much indecisiveness, I showed up at Safra, thinking that I would try the 10km MF route. By some mis-management of time, I ended up running with the group instead. Happily! Finally! We did a 11km from Hort Park to Kent Ridge Park, 2 loops inside, and back to Safra via Pasir Panjang Rd. It was my first time in months to run with the main group and I was happy to be there. I was also apprehensive that the runners would chiong, it being only 11km, and I would be dropped far behind. I hoped my foot would hold up, I was not sure.

The run turned out ok. The pace was decent and relaxed. I was not very conditioned for the slopes, so I just took them at a leisurely pace. Had to protect my knees on the downslopes too, not wanting to suddenly shock them with the inclines. Ankles and feet felt a little stiff, but they loosened somewhat after a while. Constant self-reminders to relax and land normally. The tendency with injuries would be to over-compensate for it by changing our postures etc, and hurt another body part consequently.

After exiting KR Park, I did not see any runners ahead or behind me. Hmmm, weird, did I get the route wrong? Nonetheless, I completed the distance and was happy with my effort. Happy with my foot. Mental note to stick more medicated plasters when I sleep.

No comments: