Sunday, February 15, 2009

Open Sea Swim & Run Brick

Horrors, I snoozed my alarm and it went silent! I woke up with a start at 740am, and I was due at ECP F2 for sea swim at 8am! *Panic* I rushed down and got there only at 830am. Darn. I managed to join the 'early' group for 2 loops of swim before we gathered with the rest of the YF crowd.

We were divided into 4 groups - Gp1 being the elite supersonic swimmers (the podium & school swimmer types), Gp2 was the 'not the above but still fast' group, Gp3 was the average mortals with me amongst the slower ones, and Gp4 was the newbies. Each group had to swim different distances around various buoys in the sea, which measured out abt 200m or 400m. Eg. G1 did 3 rounds, G2 2.5 rounds, G3 2 rounds etc. Then it was 2.5 rounds, 2, and 1.5. Last set was 2, 1.5, and 1 round before we hit the run. Of course G1 was very fast, they were all standing on the beach even as I finished my much reduced distance!

We transited to a 6km run - F2 to hawker centre to chalets and u-turn near the toilet after the pond, and back. My legs were surprisingly light and flew by themselves! I was so thrilled to be back in running! I ran with Wung Yew for 1-2km, he's legs were so long, his one stride cost me two shuffles! I made it back in 28min. Hmm... maybe the distance was shorter than 6km, I did not think I was that fast today.

No comments: