Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lamp Post Hugging Run

I slept an insane 13hr last night, from 6pm to 730am, skipping dinner totally! Gosh, I did not even realise.... but was not hungry, so did not bother waking up to feed. So I woke up this morning rather refreshed. The grand plan was to go to ECP and test mileage. Of course since I was alone, I was not disciplined enough to hit the road early.... It was 830am when I started.

The first stretch from B1 to hawker centre was fine. The weather was cool, the feet were holding up. Then some minor discomfort. Maybe it was a wrong choice to wear Mizuno... should have stuck with my Asics instead. Along the way I saw Lynn, then Lai Hsia, then Coach zoomed by, and a couple of Fishes. Nearing F2, one guy ran past me. What a great physique! Tall, lean, muscular, tanned, in good shape..... I only caught his back view since he overtook me. And then I realised it was WY. Haha.... Oops. KPI was having their monthly Newton Run day at F2, so that explained why so many Fishes were there and some other familiar runners. Chatted briefly with Fiona about my bad foot, and continued on the run.

It was a jog, stop, stretch, repeat all the way to the sailing club toilet. To stretch, I had to stop, find a lamp post, step on the cement base, 'arch' my foot and pull myself into the lamp post. Sort of stretching the calf and foot at the same time, holding the position for many seconds. And I did that several times. It must have looked funny to the passerbys, a girl semi-hugging the lamp post for so long.... :( When I reached the last toilet/ car park, I was most tempted to go up to the departing cars and hitch a ride back towards my car at B1. I suppose I could play the damsel in distress role.... but somehow I did not do that. So I jogged my way back. Luckily the foot pain eased after a while, and did not really bother me by then. I saw more people on the way back - GiaYee, LiPeng, Maye-e, David, R.... And Mien too, with her 3 princesses and hubby out on a Sunday stroll. With so many people along the way, it was hard to stop and walk. I guess that kept me going until I reached B1. Haha.

No comments: