Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bukit Timah Circuit

I joined the MPA group for training at BT reserve. We had quite a sizable turnout today, I was surprised to see CE there as well. Johnny took us through the warm up and we were on our way. We started on the trail which led to the tarmac road at Catchment Path. There were various flights of steps in the trail. CE was going fast, and I tried to keep up, together with some of the guys. I had a 12-13kg pack, and not in the most ideal position to carry out a conversation while keeping pace. *pant pant*

As it was getting dark, I suggested that the group do 3 sets of Rengas non-stop, then proceed to 3x Jungle non-stop. The idea was to reduce time wasted strolling between R-J, and maintaining an active intensity level. It certainly burnt my quads more. After Rengas and by the first set of J, I could feel my knees and legs going soft. Wow... Most of the folks were shaping up well, many had good new boots and fitness level had improved. Things looked good.

No comments: