Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Body Balance Class

I was at a boring conference for the whole day and practically slept through many of the bad speakers. Managed to squeeze in an appointment with F to check on my knees. Ahh, felt much loosened and lighter after a massage.

The rain spoilt all my plans. I had wanted to swim at Safra, but the clouds did not cooperate. I ended up at my gym, but got the timings of the classes mixed up. Very much tempted by RPM (had not done a class in a week!) but hamstrings were still aching. In the end, I went into a Body Balance class, since J (the instructor) said it was for 'stretching, toning and flexibility'. It was a mixture of tai-chi, yoga and pilates moves. Ok, I could do with more stretching and flexibility.

.... and was totally put in place by the many ladies in the class, who could execute some of the moves with total ease. Meanwhile, I tried to get the shape and sequence of the poses right. It was not easy... My movements looked more stiff and angular than the graceful fluidity of the experienced folks.

Came home for dinner. Home-cooked chicken rice! Except that there was a lot more rice than chicken.

No comments: