Monday, September 15, 2008

Knee Not Recovered

Attempted to run again after 3 days of break and a weekend trip up KL, where I did absolutely nothing but eat and shop. Well, not really. 7hours of endless and mindless walking around a hypermall was not exactly my idea of a break. I think my legs and back ached more than if I had to run 7h.

I decided to do a short warmup jog around Botanic Gardens before training. Started off really really slow, and met Wong & Peter in the Gardens, probably doing a recovery run after yesterday's long run. Oh how I missed my long runs. :( All that eating and eating and no running, it was amazing how fast fat cells multiply.......

Trotted a 5km loop and returned just in time for training. My knee felt tight, not as bad as last week, but still tight at the quads. I could feel the pull distinctly. Stretched my legs thoroughly. Was told to do sets of 10min-run and stretch, while the rest did some running drills. Then we did conditioning exercises as a group. And more stretching.

Conditioning:
Push-ups x30
Dips x30
Sit-ups x40
Plank - 1.5min x 1 set
Side plank - 1min x 2 sets
Back raisers x40
Hamstring hold - 1min per leg x 1 set
Invisible chair - 1.5min x 3 feet positions
Calf raisers single-leg x 12 (up 3 sec, down 3 sec)

Cardio:
Slow run around Botanic Gardens: 5km
Slow run on field: 10min run, then stretch x 3 sets

Took a quick shower and had dinner (fish soup again) with KM and Michelle. I saw a runner go by, with a hydration pack on his bag. I could only stare wistfully....... :((

No comments: