Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tuas Unfriendly Truck Drivers

I went out for a ride at Tuas. Blur me forgot my helmet, and had to waste time driving home for it. By the time I started, it was 2pm. Such a tight rush, had an afternoon physio appointment.

Should have known better than to attempt Tuas on a Saturday afternoon, when the big container trucks were busy making weekend deliveries. The long and heavy trucks were so menacing, many times they came close enough to make me wobble. Or when we both turned round the round-about, and the container tail swung outwards in a wide turning radius. There were a few misses and plenty of cursing (from me of course, not the drivers). Surprisingly there was plenty of tailwind today, and the ride was enjoyable once I cleared the trucks. The entire route was about 48km.

I rushed to NUS for shower - I think I could practically camp out of my car - and sped to SMU for appointment with Philippe. More twists and manipulations, and again he asked to go and try running. Would do that tomorrow.

Met KC, KM, SM and G for dinner and desserts. Nice workout, food, and company. Ahh, bliss. :)

No comments: