Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sudden Knees

Still on a high from yesterday's slow jog, I went to Pandan Reservoir again this evening to attempt intervals. Since I was seeing Philippe again on Saturday, I should really go through a 'normal' training and review if there were problems.

Warm-up jog 15min, nice and easy, manageable. Did a few stridings, and started on my 1st set of interval (1km @ 5:30 pace). I ended the run with a sharp pull in my left knee. The pull was so intense and sudden, I could not even put my foot down on the ground. I slowly jogged back to the starting point to stretch, and hobbled out of the reservoir to my car. In that 30min of hobbling (which would normally take less than 10min), my knee pulled 3-4 times, every time a sudden acute pull that zapped across the front knee. I was immensely disappointed, scared, and angry all at once. :(

No comments: