Thursday, September 25, 2008

Swimming Against Flippers

My colleague, CP, was hosting us at his place for dinner. Lovely place, I could so rent an apartment there and stay, so cosy. So after work, rushed to collect my bicycle from Rodalink before dinner. There were some funny sounds from the crank when I pedalled and the shifter jumped, so I sent it in last weekend. Ah Wai very kindly tested, rode, and tuned everything. Seemed ok when I test-rode the bike tonight. He liked my bike and offered to buy it second-hand if I was selling it in future!

Then I popped by CP's house for a swim. The pool was slightly less than 50m, but rectangular and enabled laps. I had time for only about 20-odd laps. There was a guy swimming next to me. He was quite fast. So I thought I should try to keep up, but he went faster and faster.... Ah-ha! Then I saw the flippers on his feet. Ahhh.... no point giving chase.

No comments: