Saturday, September 4, 2010

Andrew Physio

Saw Andrew twice in the week. Very thorough, but oh my very expensive too! Well, ok... standard physio rates. Andrew works out of his apartment, but he was very good with his hands-on deep tissue massages and follow-up.

First session, he tested and explained that my side muscles were very hyper tight - the one that ran along the ITB. So he kneaded the end of the muscle, just about my side knee cap. The explanation was to 'tease open the tight muscle joint that was almost fused together', so it was a very deep and hard massage. Then he moved upwards along the lateral quad. Then the inner groin pelvic area. I ended with giant bruises and was instructed to rub and ice daily. He also taught me some ITB and back stretches.

Second session, repeated the same deep tissue massages on the same spots. Then moved on to inner quad (abductor), and also a little on the archilles lower calf. Major ouch. I dragged Alber along to learn the stretches so that he could help me with them. My ITB was so tight that it 'sprang' back as he tried to press it downwards for a stretch. Uhh.... It was obvious because his ITB was a lot more flexible than mine when he tried the same stretch. Oh oh....

All done, Andrew asked me to try running over the weekend.

No comments: