Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baked Swim & Run

We had a sea swim this morning, the distances were 1, 1.5, 2, and 3km. I chose the 2km while Alber went for the 3km. The sea was surprisingly friendly, without the usual seabug pricks or bloated carcasses, jellyfish and weird objects. Some swimmers blatantly cut the buoy markings and short-cut the distance, not just once, but every single buoy. I was miffed, why did they bother swimming the distance if they had no integrity to follow the route? For 2km, we did 5x 400m loops. I finished my swim in 52min, relaxed pace.

Then we attempted a run in the hot wilting weather. The aim was 1h or 10km, but we did not survive the run. We ran from F2 to NSRCC to the Eastern PCN and the start of Coastal Road. The sun was relentless, stuffy, hot, humid. We walked and jogged the return. Jogging was hardly the appropriate description though. I tried to move my legs and maintained my posture (which was extremely hard to do when one was tired), and trotted 3-4min. Stopped. Walked. Repeat.

We finally made it back to the car, did not bother with the timing. I was hungry. Alvin's boy, Adriel, had a pack of koko-krunch and a mouth smeared with chocolate. I was tempted to grab a handful too!

Showered, and had lunch at Royal Cafe, for its superb mee siam. Next stop, KPI tri-sale.

No comments: