Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Sloshing Trail Run

I reached MR at noon, to a light drizzle. The cool weather looked very inviting for a nice afternoon run. The drizzle stopped after a while and the air crisp and comfortable. I started off slowly. It was my first run back in the trails. To where my injuries first began. Like the chinese saying, to resolve a problem by going back to where it all began. I managed to complete the first round ok. 1:15h.

For the second loop, I decided to swap shoes, from my GT trail to my normal GT road shoes. Naturally, the latter felt softer and more comfortable. Alas, it started pouring soon after, and I was sloshing in mud puddles. My white GTs went from clean, muddy, to clean again after repeated splashes. I had to walk through many puddles but it was nice to run in the rain actually, very in touch with nature. 1:24h.

Just happy to be able to complete 2 loops decently. Hopefully I can survive TNF race.

No comments: