Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Long Run

It sucks to be overtaken all the time. As was the case again tonight, I went about my slow trotting manner. Soon, everyone and every group came past me. Arggh. Fume.

Nevermind, I told myself to concentrate on my own pace, posture and focus on completing the 15km. Yes, just 15km. But it was 7-8 weeks since I ran that distance or duration.

My leg felt ok, but not my lungs. We ran into Labrador Park and I went up the slope inside. Pant. Huff. Puff. I had to persevere and finish the full route. I reached HarbourFront, and the fatigue set in, so I had problem holding my core tight and running. I stopped a couple of times, walk-run-walk-run. Oh this was so bad. I felt like I needed a power gel or some energy. The weather was hot and humid and I was thirsty and hungry. I could not believe that I had 'energy' problem at just 1:20h! Grrrr....

I finished the run. 1:45h. What a pain... But glad to have survived the distance.

No comments: